Monday 19 October 2009

Oportunities of open courseware

My todays presentation at the University of Latvia


It is at least 3 months me and some students from the university of Latvia leaded by Lauris Krolis, working on the project - publication on courses lecture materials on to the web using principles of opencourseware.
Today I had small 10 min presentation to students of the University of Latvia (faculty of philology). We had this presentation together with Liene representing open online library www.e-biblioteka.lv.
We had a lot of feed back, mostly negative and mostly from teachers. They are afraid of their proprietorship rights. Well I must disagree and in the same time I see a lot job to do to show them real opportunities of using "OPEN SOURCE" in the education and learning using "Open Source".
We will contionue on Friday 23.10.2009, I should have a better presentation I might think, but her is today`s.

No comments:

Post a Comment